Sunday 1 March 2015

Making my own sunshine on a rainy day

There are many benefits to cloth nappies, and one day I really must share our experience with them.

But this morning, as i listen to what can only be described as a downpour outside, it occurred to me that I've never seen anyone list 'transformation to eternal optimist' as one of the reasons parents should try cloth.

Don't believe me? Well, here's how we cloth Mammies react to Ireland's changeable weather.

Windy day - Great, that'll dry the nappies quickly!

Wet day - Great, no need to do a final nappy rinse in the washing machine! Rain is amazing for stripping nappies of detergent build-up and making them so, so soft.

Sunny day - Great, that'll bleach out any stains on my lovely nappies!

Hailstones - Great, that'll beat out any stains AND save me a final rinse!

Snow - Great, an excuse to wash the nappies tomorrow, I'm off out for a snowball fight with the kids :)

Ok, that last one works for everyone really, but you take my point I'm sure!

So while we think of some rainy day activities for the kids, I'm going to pop on a nappy wash and put that rain to good use. It's a small victory, but it's mine :)

Top tip - a good outing in a few days of rain will do wonders to soften up those crunchy towels in the back of your hot press too! Go on, give it a try...

No comments:

Post a Comment