Friday 10 February 2017

Just the right juxtaposition

I'm not going to get into the Stay-at-Work vs Stay-at-Home parenting debate.

There are no winners, only losers, when people on either side of the argument start focusing only on the negatives in order to prove they are actually the ones who work harder, longer, more.

But every once in a while, through some fortuitous alignment of events, life presents you with the perfect contrast of our different lives.

Earlier today, Hubby texted me to let me know that his very important presentation had gone extremely well.
In reply, I texted him a picture of one of our darling offspring peeing against a neighbour's garden wall.

I don't think there's any real way to tell whose day has been more successful, but I'm fairly certain we've both earned a glass of wine this evening!

1 comment:

  1. My work schedule changed yesterday so instead of a trip to the office I was able to "work" from home. I arrived home and settled in and after a while I opened the side door to let the dog out. This is when I discovered our drains were blocked and much of my family's ablutions from the morning were all over our side passage and cobble lock. What was supposed to be a win day turned to a lose oh so fast :( #stillgotbetterstories, #oneupmanshipatitsbest, #donthaveatwitteraccount

    ReplyDelete