Wednesday 18 January 2012

Goodbye, Crappy Tuesday

Yesterday was quite the humdinger of a day.

In the course of 12 hours or so, I

1) Sent my glasses and wallet to creche in Little Lady's bag
2) Drove my car into a wall on arriving at work (Ref: point 1 - no glasses)
3) Realised I'd left my laptop at home
4) Dropped my keys in a puddle outside the house while retrieving laptop
5) Got locked out of the work carpark on returning with laptop
6) Endured a headache caused by stripping out crappy code while not wearing glasses
7) Walked into a wall (admittedly, not an uncommon occurence)
8) Slipped on the kitchen floor, spilling milk EVERYWHERE
9) Twice
10) Allowed myself a healthy swear on the second spillage
11) Got told off by Little Man, as "There's no need for shouting Mammy"

I would contend that this day was clearly unfit for purpose, and I fully intend to demand a refund.

Perhaps, if you've had a similarly crappy day - at any time - we can band together and initiate a class action lawsuit against the provider of these substandard days?
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Alan Shore and Denny Crane?

Answers on a postcard please!

2 comments:

  1. Tuesdays are a tricky one. You think you're doing so well, having got over Monday, and then Tuesday lies in wait, giggling to itself. "Oho! Aha!" it says to itself, "Wait til they see the doozie I have planned.."

    But seriously, that sounds like a craptacular series of events. I hope today more than makes up for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *knew* I heard an eerie giggle late on Monday night!
      Wednesday has so far included chocolate. What more can a girl ask?

      Delete